Bangkok Essential Temple Tour
In this rich cultural tour, we will explore the three most prominent temples in Bangkok.
Starting off at the magnificent Emerald Buddha Temple, located inside of the Grand Palace, you will see Thailand’s most adorned (and mysterious) Buddha statue. Tread carefully as the giant demon guardians watch your every step! Next on, we will cross the Chao Phraya River and climb up the central tower of Wat Arun, or the Temple of Dawn, to admire its intricate decoration close up. Ultimately, we will take a look at the treasures of Wat Pho which have been recognized by UNESCO as a “Memory of the World”. It is in this old monastery where the world-famous Reclining Buddha resides.
The Bangkok Essential Temple Tour is a great introduction to Buddhist temples and highly recommended for first-time travelers in Thailand!
8:00 Optional pick-up at your hotel (central Bangkok)
9:00 Grand Palace & Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Wat Phra Kaew)
11:00 Temple of Dawn (Wat Arun)
13:00 Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho)
15:00 Drop-off at your hotel (optional)
- Visit the most venerated Buddha statue in Thailand
- Learn about the basic structures and the role of a Buddhist temple
- Hear about the Ramakian story as you walk along the longest mural painting in the country
- See a miniature of Angkor Wat
- Climb up the iconic tower of Wat Arun
- Admire the largest reclining Buddha in Bangkok
|Number of adults*||1||2||3||4||5||6|
|Number of adults*||Price (THB)|
*18 years or above (minimum 1 adult per group)
Price per child 120cm / 4 feet or taller: 950 THB
Price per child under 120cm / 4 feet: free
The temple admission prices for children are based on their height instead of their age.
- All entry fees (750 THB/person)
- Accredited tour guide (English, French and German speaking)
- Accident insurance
- Public transportation
- This is a private tour and uses public transportation only.
- The pick-up service is limited to hotels within central Bangkok. The exact pick-up time will be confirmed after booking and is based on the location of your hotel and traffic conditions.
- If you don’t require pick-up, I will provide details for the meeting point.
- There is a strict dress code for visiting the Grand Palace. Please refer to my FAQ section for more information.
- Please wear comfortable shoes, sunscreen, a hat and/or sunglasses.
- Also let me know if you have any special dietary needs.