Amphawa Floating Market & Maeklong Railway Market Tour
Markets, whether on land or water, are always fun to explore. This special tour, only offered on weekends, combines the best of the two worlds in the vicinity of Bangkok.
Your personal guide will pick you up in an air-conditioned van and take you to the first sightseeing point in Samut Songkhram Province. Located about 80 km west of Bangkok, the Maeklong Railway Market (Talad Rom Hoob in Thai) is notorious for the train that runs straight through the middle of its stalls. An incredible sight and not without risk… Not only will you experience the arrival of the legendary train as a bystander, but also become part of the spectacle as a passenger!
After exploring the fresh produce at Talad Rom Hoob, we will enjoy a Thai lunch while taking in the natural scenery provided by the Maeklong River. Replenished, we will then take a boat ride to an ancient temple, which is listed as an “Unseen Thailand” attraction.
Finally, we will visit the Amphawa Floating Market. This old market has become a big draw among tourists, but still retains an authentic vibe. You may choose to explore this colorful market with your guide or stroll around on your own before we return to the big city.
9:00 Hotel pick-up with private van (in central Bangkok)
10:30 Maeklong Railway train ride & market
12:00 River lunch
13:00 Boat ride on the Maeklong River & temple visit (Wat Bang Kung)
15:00 Amphawa floating market
16:00 Return to Bangkok
17:30 Drop-off at hotel
- Ride on the famous Maeklong Railway train
- Experience the arrival of the train at Talad Rom Hoob from two different perspectives
- Take a boat trip on the Maeklong River
- Learn about the history of a unique temple in Thailand
- Taste local specialties at Amphawa Floating Market
Price per group: 5,250 THB
Group size: 1-6 persons
- Transportation (van incl. driver, train and boat rides)
- Accredited tour guide (English, French and German speaking)
- Accident insurance
- Lunch and other expenses for food and drinks
- Tip for the driver
- This tour is reserved for your group only.
- The exact pick-up time will be confirmed after booking and is dependent on the location of your hotel and traffic conditions.
- Please wear comfortable shoes, sunscreen, a hat and/or sunglasses.
- Even though the Maeklong train doesn’t run very fast, please refrain from taking pictures on the tracks while the train is approaching.
- Also let me know if you have any special dietary needs.